A First-Class Service and Affordable Prices Guaranteed
MOT Tests Available in Bradford-on-Avon
MOT Tests are essential when it comes to ensuring your vehicle is road-worthy. In order to prevent injury to yourself and other road users, your vehicle must be maintained to a minimum standard. MOT tests involve different checks such as; assessing the brakes, steering and suspension, exhaust and engine etc. At T & A Motors, we’re committed to conducting thorough MOT checks to give you confidence that your vehicle is safe for the road. For a fast and efficient MOT and garage service in Bradford-in-Avon, then get in touch with our expert team today!
At T&A Motors we carry out MOTs for both passenger vehicles (class 4) and light goods vehicles up to 3500kg (class 7). We go above and beyond the standard testing requirements, and ensure that you are made aware of any potential maintenance over the coming months and year. This applies in all aspects of our business including our car servicing, maintenance, and air conditioning services. You can expect to leave our MOT centre armed with a list advising you of things to watch out for (if there are any). If you are aware of any problems your car may have when it is due for an MOT, our experts can fix them in advance before MOT testing your car for an extremely competitive price.
What is Covered in the MOT Test?
To ensure your vehicle is fully safe for the road, it is our duty to carry out a thorough check of the vehicle. Here is what is covered in a MOT test:
- Vehicle Identification Number – Not more than one different identification number should be present on a vehicle first used on or after 1 August 1980. However, the same number may be displayed in more than one place.
- Registration Plate – Condition, security, legibility and format of letters/numbers.
- Lights – Condition, operation, security and correct colour. The headlamps will also be checked to see if the aim is correct.
- Steering and Suspension – Correct condition and operation.
- Wipers/Washers – Operate to give the driver a clear view of the road.
- Windscreen – Condition and driver’s view of the road.
- Horn – Correct operation and type.
- Seatbelts – All seatbelts installed are checked for type, condition, operation and security. All compulsory seatbelts must be in place.
- Seats – Front seats secure. Front and rear backseats can be secured in the upright position.
- Fuel System – No leaks, fuel cap fastens correctly and seals securely. The fuel cap will need to be opened. Make sure the key is available.
- Exhaust Emissions – Vehicle meets the requirement for exhaust emission. These vary on the age and fuel type of the vehicle.
- Exhaust System – Complete, secure, without serious leaks and silences effectively.
- Vehicle Structure – Free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas. No sharp edges.
- Doors – Open and close. Latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items.
- Mirrors – Presence, condition and security.
- Wheels and Tyres – Condition, security, tyre size/type and tread depth. Spare tyres are not inspected.
- Brakes – Condition operation and performance (efficiency test). Wheels are not removed during the test. The tester only examines what they can see, reach or feel.
T&A Motors is a reputable car mechanic company based in Bradford-On-Avon. We have been providing high-quality car maintenance, repairs, and tyre fitting for over 25 years. Our proficient team can get you moving, and back on the road in no time. We use the latest diagnostic equipment and have full access to all dealer parts, so, get in touch.
For more information on our MOT services, contact our friendly sales team who will be happy to offer you a verbal quote over the phone on 0800 783 3209.